Friday, November 14, 2008

Did you know...

That I walked across the United States? It is true. I started in Sacramento, CA and walked (with an amazing team) all the way to Washington D.C.

Why would someone do a wacky thing like that?
It all started in Washington D.C. on January 22, 1998 when I was on my very first pilgrimmage to the annual March for Life. I learned about these crazy pro life college students who decided one summer to walk, witness and sacrifice to bring prayer and awareness to the evil of abortion. I remember thinking to myself, "There is NO way. You could never do something like that. It is too physically demanding! And what about work. Nope. Not for me."
I loved visiting our Nation's Capitol so much that the pilgrimmage to D.C. became an annual thing for me. It drew me closer to Christ, closer to my dear friends, and more aware of the attack on the culture that has become the United States of America. In 2003, I was let go from my job and was unable to find a new one. Doors were opening for me to do some missionary work! I decided to look into the Crossroads Walk that I had learned about several years earlier. Lo and behold, I was a terrified girl on an airplane from Saint Louis to Sacramento in May of 2004.

To be continued...

No comments: